The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



28 September 2006

WHEN HEARTACHES BECOME A HEART ATTACK


G

ot your attention? Good, come on in, pull up a chair and relax... This is a story of the heart... no, not love-related matters... other matters of the heart... more like my heart attack. Why? Well, the other day I was chatting with a blog friend and she suggested I write about these things... my medical problems... you know, get them out in the open and talk about them. Possibly it would do me some mental health good. My Psych might agree, she reads my blog... I think she is monitoring my goofiness. Anyway...

If this gets boring, I need to know that right away. I'm not too sure about writing things like this... I am a pretty private person in real life... and writing about my health is kinda private... so I am a little reluctant.

Let's see.... it was in January or February of 2000... I had just finished an argument with someone, who will remain nameless. I left the dining room and went and laid down... within several minutes I began to feel "odd", something was wrong but I didn't know what.

I got out of bed and took about 6 steps into the living room and simply sat down on the floor. No pain, nothing... but something was off-center. My ex helped me up and walked me over to the sofa where I sat, kinda dazed. Neither of us knew what was wrong. Within dunno 15 minutes I was fine it seemed, and went to bed. Looking back I should have called 911, but I didn't - (1st mistake).

Skip ahead 6 months and I am sitting in work one days and began getting strange feelings. This time I figured maybe I should get myself checked out. I went to the local hospital. I guess I looked a mess when I walked into the emergency ward... the next thing that I knew, I was laying on a table, shirt off and hooked up to all kinds of machines. Now this is where things get a bit bizarre. After about a half hour, the cause of the heart attack shows up... to make a long, boring story short... I get dressed and leave the hospital. Yes... you read that right - (2nd mistake).

The next day I woke up in the morning and didn't feel good again. I got dressed and drove myself to the VA Hospital here in Houston. I explained the problems and they put me on a table and went to work. I did not like all of the attention I was getting... especially when the nurse stuck her finger up my butt, looking for God knows what. I mentioned to her that the pain was a bit higher in my body.

The doctor came along and informed me that after evaluating my test results I was being put into the hospital. He started reading off the problems they found besides the obvious heart problem.

Next Thursday: The real reasons for the heart attack and the aftermath: the path to 3 strokes.

Observations and Questions
If this is boring, let me know. I'm still not sure if this is entertaining.

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this date in 106 BC Pompey (Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus) Rome, warrior. And in the death notices today we find in 1978 Pope John Paul I 65-yr-old found dead, after only 33 days as Pope. Hmmmmm....


Holidays and Special Dates Today Around the World
California: Cabrillo Day discovery of Calif (1542)
Guinea: Referendum Day (1958)
Kiwanis: Kiwanis Kid Day
Libya: Shawwal 14
Republic of China (Taiwan): Confucius' Birthday/Teachers' Day
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker