The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



05 October 2006

HOW TO BE LIKE ME HEALTHWISE


W

ell here we go again. This is the 2nd in my little series on my health problems and maybe a guideline for how not to live your life. (If you need to catch up: 28 September blog article) Okay, so I'm laying in the hospital and the doctor comes in and informs me I've had a heart attack, and they also discovered diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.

To quicken the pace here, I get out of the hospital, rest at home awhile and go back to work. Remember, I am out of politics now and in Houston and working for a resort on an island off the coast of Belize in Central America. This resort, which shall remain nameless is owned by 3 Muslims... none of whom know their ass from a hole in the ground. The day I go back to work, all of the owners are on vacation. A worker comes in and hands me a letter from one of the owners... I am out of a job! Hey welcome back Denny! Geez.

I hurry up and get another job this time working for a theater here in Houston... a legit theater not a"men only" theater. LOL As I am learning the business, I am beginning to notice things... like I can't remember anything. What the hell is going on? And I mean I can't remember work related things one day to the next. Needless to say I am let go from this place.

I think this is just a bit too much for my wife and she decides to leave AND file for divorce. Wheeee.... buckle your safety belts... here we go... Anyway I go through the divorce, totally befuddled.

Let's just say by now I am sinking fast, mentally. I feel like crap. I head to a Psych at the hospital in dire straights... very dire. Enter Clinical Depression.

Awhile later I am sitting at the computer one day and all of a sudden I feel this tingling in my face. "This is odd", I think to myself and go to the mirror. GASP! the left side of my face looks as if it's sliding off my skull. Stroke Number 1. Back into the hospital for probing and testing and all kinds of things. I am now mentally exhausted, completely spent. I thought to myself, Denny... you're on your way out. This now on top of the depression and everything else was simply way too much for me to handle. I don't do sickness, illness and catastrophic things well at all.

All of my fast living, divorces, politics, etc., was finally catching up with me.

Observations and Questions
Next Thursday... Strokes 2 and 3.

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this date in 1902 Ray Kroc Illinois, founder of McDonalds/owner (San Diego Padres). And in the always popular death notices today in 1967 Clifton C Williams Jr astronaut, dies at 35, in T-38 jet crash.

Holidays and Special Dates Today Around the World
Azores, Guinea-Bisau, Maderia, Portugal: Republic Day (1910)
Bulgaria: Independence Day (1908)
Indonesia: Army Day
Lesotho: Sports Day
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker