The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



27 November 2006

I'VE DONE A BAAAAAAD THING


I

can't keep it inside any longer... I did something bad yesterday... very bad.

I had a long chat with God. No, that's not the bad thing. I said: "okay God... we have a problem here and I need your help. As you know, I have no food and I am getting tired of eating crackers for dinner. Since my checks don't come until the 1st of the month which is days off I am considering something here and I need your help."

I explained that I could do nothing and slowly starve myself to death and meet him personally in a few days... OR... I could do the nasty deed... write a bad check!

Since I did not get an answer from up above, I took that as an okay to proceed with my plan. I looked at the calendar and figure out by the time I wrote the check and it cleared through the supermarkets bank and got to mine, I would have money in the bank. Off to the supermarket I went... happily walking up and down the aisles I bought everything I needed to get me through until this Friday. I even bought a turkey to compensate for the fact that I didn't have any money to buy one for Thanksgiving and had to eat a bologna sandwich instead.

So $65.87 later, I walked out smiling. Now I get home, put everything away and guess who I hear from? Yes God... NOW he tells me that if the check gets to the bank before my money there's a $30 bounced check fee and whatever the supermarket charges me for the bad check. I did the only thing I could....

I called my bank and said: "Hi, if I hypothetically and accidentally wrote a check for $65.87 this morning and it bounces what happens?" The nice lady said to let her look at my account. She said: "So you accidentally wrote a bad check for $65.87? How could you accidentally do that with only $1.45 in your account?"

I re-emphasized that this was a hypothetical situation. She replied that the bank would hypothetically pay the check and charge me a fee for being so nice. Cool I thought... then when they do, I would simply go to my branch and ask them to lift the charge from my account. That should work. Now I just have to sweat it out for a few days.

Observations and Questions
Have you ever purposely written a bad check? What happened?

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this date in 1917 "Buffalo" Bob Smith Buffalo NY, TV host (Howdy Doody). And in the death notices in 1934 Baby Face Nelson shot by FBI agents.

Holidays and Special Dates Today Around the World
Burma: National Day
Cuba: Martyrs' Day
Israel: Weizmann Day
Bern Switzerland: Onion Market Day-autumn festival
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker