The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



26 December 2006

WELL... HAPPY INBETWEEN CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR'S!!


S

o, how did it go yesterday? I had a pretty quiet day, except for when my daughters came over for a few hours.

Usually the walkway in front of my living room window always has people walking back and forth... but yesterday, not one single soul walked past all day.

I get a chuckle out of people that think writing Xmas is blasphemy or something and make it a point to write out the whole word, Christmas. Little do they know that one of the original ways of spelling the word was actually Xmas.

Christmas is sometimes shortened to Xmas, an abbreviation that has a long history. In early Greek versions of the New Testament, the letter Χ (chi), is the first letter of Christ (Χριστός). Since the mid-sixteenth century Χ, or the similar Roman letter X, was used as an abbreviation for Christ.

Well, anyway, that's about all I can come up with this morning. I think all the over-celebrating from years long gone have drained my brain.

See y'all tomorrow with something better! (I hope).

Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker