The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



17 January 2007

I JUST HAD TO LOOK OUTSIDE


A

fter watching the weather report last night before I went to bed, I just knew when I woke up this morning Houston was going to be buried in 10 feet of snow.

It is soooooooooo cold down here.... I think I saw the temperature hugging the 31 degree mark this morning. It actually took me about 45 minutes to find my excuse of a winter coat, just in case I needed to go out to the store, or seek shelter in a local school.

The last time it snowed here the city went into a genuine panic. It snowed less than a quarter inch and it was mayhem on the highways. Cars were all over the place. Schools shut down and forget city services. Having lived in Philly a quarter inch of snow was a nice, balmy spring day. I can remember one snow storm where when I opened the back door to my house, the snow was literally up to the top of the door. I was greeted with a complete wall of snow over my head.

Observations and Questions
How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this date in 1899 Al Capone, Italy, gangster (Chicago bootlegging). And in the death notices in 1874 Chang & Eng Bunker Chinese/Thai Siamese twins, die at 62.

Holidays and Special Dates Today Around the World
Poland : Liberation Day
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker