The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



29 January 2007

PANCAKE MAKERS UNITE!


N

ow you folks know me... I rarely complain. Okay, maybe I'm stretching it a bit there. Anyway, how many of you eat pancakes out there? Come on now, raise your hands... ok, I see one, two, five, a lot of hands.

The box I have are the kinda instant, water and mix type. When I use to make pancakes for the kids years ago, I did it from scratch with flour, etc. Now that I have reach advanced laziness I but almost prepared stuff.

Anyway, the directions on the box for 6-9 pancakes are 1 cup of mix and 3/4 cup water.

First of all this does NOT make 6 to 9 pancakes, unless you want pancakes the size of a 25 cent piece. If I like normal size pancakes, this recipe makes 2.5 cakes. Plus there is something majorly wrong with the recipe! If you follow the directions closely using 1 cup of water or milk and 3/4 cups mix... these pancakes are so friggin' thick I have to use a spoon to get the mix onto the griddle... and they take forever to cook on one side. What am I doing wrong?

The directions couldn't be wrong, so it must be me. Below the directions is a note: For thicker pancakes use less water. Holy crap, I'd have to use a jack-hammer to get the stuff onto the griddle.

Every box of mix I look at in the store has the same measurements. I honestly think the ingredients need to be reversed... 1 cup of water/milk and 3/4 cup mix. That way they are a little bit thinner and more manageable.

Observations and Questions
Does anyone else have this problem? Or is it just me?

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this date in 1880 W C Fields [William Claude Dukenfield] Philadelphia PA, "on the whole, he'd rather be in Philadelphia"/actor (My Little Chickadee, Bank Dick). And in the death notices in 1980 Jimmy Durante New York City NY, singer/comedian (Ink-a-dink-a-doo, Palooka, The Jimmy Durante Show), dies at 86.

Holidays and Special Dates Today Around the World
Kansas : Admission Day/Kansas Day (1861)
Australia : Australia Day (1788 - 1993)
China : Chinese New Year-The Year of the Tiger (1998/4696)
China : Chinese New Year-The Year of the Dog (2006/4704)
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker